Zanzibar's last battle

  • Tanya Elder
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2006
      Dear all,

      On Wednesday night, about 2:30 AM, Zanzibar's lungs started taking on
      fluid. She went to the emergency room, they tried lasix, but to no
      avail, and she was so weak that any attempt to tap her lungs put her
      into into respiratory distress. Between the tumor surgery and
      recovery, the bit of thickening heart, the hepatic lipodosis, and her
      kidneys, it was too much for her and she went to sleep last night at
      9:20 PM.

      Zanzibar was born on June 16, 1994, along with three litter mates. Her
      mother and one sister survives her.

      She'll be much missed by me.

      Thank you all for your support, you've been amazing and I'm so glad
      that there is a group to give comfort and advice during such diffcult
      periods. Don't give up the good fight with your kitties until you have
      to and good luck!

      Tanya and her wonder kitty, Zanzibar

      You can see a picture of wonder kitty here:
      www.attheendoftheboom.blogspot.com
    • andrea meyers
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2006
        oh tanya
        i am so so so sorry
        at least she is at peace
        she and you fought so hard and with real "heart"
        i know you will miss her
        all i know is that she will still be with you-not the
        same-but-
        i am just sorry-
        you did so so much for her and with her--and she in
        turn fought just as hard with you
        that is and will always be a big thing-and i am glad
        you guys had a good amount of time together-
        elsa and send you enormous hugs and we also send zanzi
        a hug to wherever she is in spirit-
        hugs andrea and elsa

        --- Tanya Elder <elderta_2001@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > On Wednesday night, about 2:30 AM, Zanzibar's lungs
        > started taking on
        > fluid. She went to the emergency room, they tried
        > lasix, but to no
        > avail, and she was so weak that any attempt to tap
        > her lungs put her
        > into into respiratory distress. Between the tumor
        > surgery and
        > recovery, the bit of thickening heart, the hepatic
        > lipodosis, and her
        > kidneys, it was too much for her and she went to
        > sleep last night at
        > 9:20 PM.
        >
        > Zanzibar was born on June 16, 1994, along with three
        > litter mates. Her
        > mother and one sister survives her.
        >
        > She'll be much missed by me.
        >
        > Thank you all for your support, you've been amazing
        > and I'm so glad
        > that there is a group to give comfort and advice
        > during such diffcult
        > periods. Don't give up the good fight with your
        > kitties until you have
        > to and good luck!
        >
        > Tanya and her wonder kitty, Zanzibar
        >
        > You can see a picture of wonder kitty here:
        > www.attheendoftheboom.blogspot.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Belinda Sauro
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 27, 2006
          Tanya,
          I'm very sorry to hear that Zanzibar is not with you physically
          anymore. She is with you always in your heart and in spirit. She will
          let you know she is OK, take care of yourself ...

          --
          Belinda
          Happiness is being owned by cats ...

          Be-Mi-Kitties ...
          http://www.bemikitties.com
        • Leah Ferron
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2006
            Tanya,

            I am so sorry for your loss. You and Zanzi gave a hero's try at beating the odds. What a wonderful mommy you are!

            Leah and her cats

[...]

            Cat health insurance Cat health care Pet health cat Cat health Heart conditions Health problem in cat

          • Del H. Daniels
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 27, 2006
              Tanya,

              I am sorry for your loss of Zanzibar. I know your pain is heavy now but may your happy memories of her comfort you.

              Hugs, Del