Ocean's mom

  • Polis, Karen [CNTUS]
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2001
      I just want to thank everybody on this list for your kind thoughts and
      sincere sentiments. I will put all of your comments together in one document
      so that anytime I start feeling down or guilty I can read through them and
      feel a little bit better.

      It is true what they say- that a sorrow shared is halved.
    • the chunns
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2001
        Dear Karen,

        You are so right - this group is so wonderfully supportive and
        I like your statement - a sorrow shared is halved - very true.
        The group really helped me through the loss of my TC and
        I too put all the messages together to go back and read
        when I am feeling down.

        I also want to add that it is so natural for you to feel guilt -
        we all do when our animals die - if we help them on their
        journey, we worry that it may have been too soon or that
        we let them suffer too long. And if they pass without our
        help we worry that we should have done more. So don't beat
        yourself up any more - Ocean knows you did all you could
        for him and that you loved him - that is what counts.

        But oh, it is so hard isn't it?

        Pat