prairie cat food

  • Betty Seni
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2006
      I just wanted to share something I found out that can make feeding kitties a bit cheaper.
      I buy "Prairie" cat food (Nature's Variety) at a little store called "Red Bandana" here in Georgia. The saleslady just informed me that the Prairie canned dog food is the exact same formula as the cat food! The food is 95% meat and contains no grain. It is so much cheaper to simply purchase the larger 13.2 oz cans of dog food for about 30 cents higher then the tiny 5.5 oz cans. It was hard to believe it was the same formula, but I checked. Saves quite a bit of money. Jus' thought I'd pass it on.
      Betty

    • Susan Burns
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2006
        hi betty....i remember hearing this same thing from
        some friends at an animal sanctuary, and
        interestingly, the cats who had been eating feline
        prairie canned wouldn't touch the dog food....not sure
        that i'd trust my animals' health to a "saleslady",
        but another possibility might be to go to
        www.naturesvariety.com, click on contact us and ask
        them directly.....you could then share their response
        with the group, as saving a few $$$ is always a
        plus.....take care, susan

        > The saleslady just informed me that the Prairie
        > canned dog food is the exact same formula as the cat
        > food!

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com