Re: [FH] Re: Burial - Urn

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2006
      Other places to ask - first, ask your vet what service they use since they
      all deal with this. You can do a google search, or check with local
      artisans at craft fairs. Potters and woodworkers may make a container for
      you.

      Sue

      Linda,

      I went to a local art shop who does the most beautiful wooden bowls
      out of solid reclaimed wood to have an urn made for Kira's ashes. I
      had always loved his work, but couldn't think of how I would use one
      other than for decoration. He went to the local funeral home and
      researched urns and designs and made four different one's for me to
      choose from, different sizes and designs. They were very beautiful
      and we chose one with a distinctive wood grain pattern. It makes it
      even more special for us knowing that it was made especially for
      her. It wasn't cheap, $200 CAD, but it couldn't be more perfect.

      The shop is in ontario, canada; I'm not sure if they ship stuff, but
      I'm sure they would. The owner and artisan were both incredibly
      helpful and kind. Let me know if you would like their info and I
      can pass it along. I can also send a picture of Kira's urn if you
      would like.

      Take care,

      jen, deagan and angel kira the dog ( I *asked* to be packed into
      tennis balls!)