Re: Burial - Urn

  • jen
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
      > I don't want to think of it either but I do want to have a
      beautiful urn so
      > I can take Pum with me wherever I go…..many folks here have spoken
      of
      > wonderful urns…..does anyone know of a place to find them?

      Linda,

      I went to a local art shop who does the most beautiful wooden bowls
      out of solid reclaimed wood to have an urn made for Kira's ashes. I
      had always loved his work, but couldn't think of how I would use one
      other than for decoration. He went to the local funeral home and
      researched urns and designs and made four different one's for me to
      choose from, different sizes and designs. They were very beautiful
      and we chose one with a distinctive wood grain pattern. It makes it
      even more special for us knowing that it was made especially for
      her. It wasn't cheap, $200 CAD, but it couldn't be more perfect.

      The shop is in ontario, canada; I'm not sure if they ship stuff, but
      I'm sure they would. The owner and artisan were both incredibly
      helpful and kind. Let me know if you would like their info and I
      can pass it along. I can also send a picture of Kira's urn if you
      would like.

      Take care,

      jen, deagan and angel kira the dog ( I *asked* to be packed into
      tennis balls!)
    • Catherine Browning
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Linda Cuéllar Irrgang
        <irrgang@H...> wrote:

        > I don't want to think of it either but I do want to have a
        beautiful urn so
        > I can take Pum with me wherever I go…..many folks here have spoken
        of
        > wonderful urns…..does anyone know of a place to find them?
        >

        > Linda

        Topsy is in a Selangor Pewter Four Seasons Tea Caddy, see the
        following URLs:

        http://tinyurl.com/abr2h (short URL)

        http://www.royalselangor.com/rs2/productdetails.php?ProductS
        KU=4554&Referer=8%7C0%7C0 (long URL -- goes to same place as short
        URL)

        I liked it because it is beautiful and she was beautiful (a maine
        coon), she lived a long life (through "four seasons", as it were),
        she was an outdoors cat (so the flowers were appropriate),
        the "caddy" can be engraved, it's got a good weight to it, and it
        has a "lid-within-a-lid" so if she were to (heaven forbid!) be
        tipped, she wouldn't spill.

        I was told when I bought it that the "large" size is often used for
        human remains! The links I've given are to the "small" size --
        sadly perfect for felines.

        Hope this helps someone!

        Catherine from Australia