Re: [FH] Burial - Kitty Casket??

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2006
      Linda,

      If you go to www.google.com and do a search for:

      cats urn

      You'll get a whole bunch of places that sell urns.

      Sue

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2006
        The crematorium that handled Baby Boy sent his (bagged) ashes back in a nice
        wooden box. They also cremated my dog three years ago and sent *her* ashes
        (bagged) back in a gold metal can -- she's now in the same box with Baby
        Boy, though the price was not much different -- I guess they've upgraded.

        If this helps anyone trust a crematorium to actually do an 'individual
        cremation' -- Baby Boy had a BB pellet in his back, a souvenir of his
        stray-cat days (only discovered when he got his first x-ray for the DCM).
        The crematorium included a note with his ashes indicating a metal object had
        been removed from the ashes. Which was odd, but comforting.

        Lisa

      • dehandley@cox.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 2, 2006
          Also, you can cremate your pet with his/her most loved possessions while on earth - besides his/her humans. We wrapped Boone in his favorite down throw, picked about 5-10 toys that he loved - and added 8-10 pictures of his family- his fur-brothers - and fur sister - and of course - his humans. My Mom and I both cut a bit of our hair and put it on his body. Made me feel good to think that a part of us and his family was going with him and would always be with him.

          > From: Lisa Clarizia <lclarizia@...>
          >> Subject: Re: [FH] Burial - Kitty Casket??
          >
          > The crematorium that handled Baby Boy sent his (bagged) ashes back in a nice
          > wooden box. They also cremated my dog three years ago and sent *her* ashes
          > (bagged) back in a gold metal can -- she's now in the same box with Baby
          > Boy, though the price was not much different -- I guess they've upgraded.
          >
          > If this helps anyone trust a crematorium to actually do an 'individual
          > cremation' -- Baby Boy had a BB pellet in his back, a souvenir of his
          > stray-cat days (only discovered when he got his first x-ray for the DCM).
          > The crematorium included a note with his ashes indicating a metal object had
          > been removed from the ashes. Which was odd, but comforting.
          >
          > Lisa
          >
          > On 1/2/06, Linda Cuéllar Irrgang <irrgang@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I don't want to think of it either but I do want to have a beautiful urn
          > > so
          > > I can take Pum with me wherever I go…..many folks here have spoken of
          > > wonderful urns…..does anyone know of a place to find them?

          Darlene E. Handley
          Mom to Boone the tuxedo kitty - the gremlin head: what a soul he had. Boone Esau-Handley: April 2001-Dec 2005. May he rest in peace. And Spook - 1980 - 1998 - what a journey we had. Both are dearly missed.
          http://www.protecttheseals.org
        • jen
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
            > I don't want to think of it either but I do want to have a
            beautiful urn so
            > I can take Pum with me wherever I go…..many folks here have spoken
            of
            > wonderful urns…..does anyone know of a place to find them?

            Linda,

            I went to a local art shop who does the most beautiful wooden bowls
            out of solid reclaimed wood to have an urn made for Kira's ashes. I
            had always loved his work, but couldn't think of how I would use one
            other than for decoration. He went to the local funeral home and
            researched urns and designs and made four different one's for me to
            choose from, different sizes and designs. They were very beautiful
            and we chose one with a distinctive wood grain pattern. It makes it
            even more special for us knowing that it was made especially for
            her. It wasn't cheap, $200 CAD, but it couldn't be more perfect.

            The shop is in ontario, canada; I'm not sure if they ship stuff, but
            I'm sure they would. The owner and artisan were both incredibly
            helpful and kind. Let me know if you would like their info and I
            can pass it along. I can also send a picture of Kira's urn if you
            would like.

            Take care,

            jen, deagan and angel kira the dog ( I *asked* to be packed into
            tennis balls!)
          • Catherine Browning
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
              --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Linda Cuéllar Irrgang
              <irrgang@H...> wrote:

              > I don't want to think of it either but I do want to have a
              beautiful urn so
              > I can take Pum with me wherever I go…..many folks here have spoken
              of
              > wonderful urns…..does anyone know of a place to find them?
              >

              > Linda

              Topsy is in a Selangor Pewter Four Seasons Tea Caddy, see the
              following URLs:

              http://tinyurl.com/abr2h (short URL)

              http://www.royalselangor.com/rs2/productdetails.php?ProductS
              KU=4554&Referer=8%7C0%7C0 (long URL -- goes to same place as short
              URL)

              I liked it because it is beautiful and she was beautiful (a maine
              coon), she lived a long life (through "four seasons", as it were),
              she was an outdoors cat (so the flowers were appropriate),
              the "caddy" can be engraved, it's got a good weight to it, and it
              has a "lid-within-a-lid" so if she were to (heaven forbid!) be
              tipped, she wouldn't spill.

              I was told when I bought it that the "large" size is often used for
              human remains! The links I've given are to the "small" size --
              sadly perfect for felines.

              Hope this helps someone!

              Catherine from Australia