Re: [FH] Lucy has periodic coughing jags - any help?

  • Lisa Clarizia
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
      Coughing in heart-kitties is worrisome because it often means there's fluid
      building up in/around the lungs. Is Lucy in CHF? The benazapril will help
      to a certain extent (the aspirin won't, it's for clots) but she may need a
      diuretic besides to help with the coughing. How is her breathing otherwise?

      Lisa

      On 1/2/06, devotedpurrent <devotedpurrent@...> wrote:

      > Lucy has been diagnosed with HCM and is on Cardizen and Benazepril
      > (also aspirin). Are either of these supposed to help the cough (which
      > I believe is connected to her condition)? Does anyone have any
      > suggestions to help ease the cough?

    • Sue at MAGDRL
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
        Hi,

        Often a cough associated with HCM is caused by fluid buildup. Lucy may also
        need a diuretic like lasix to control that. Has she seen a cardiologist?

        My girl had just turned 11 when she was diagnosed about 14 months ago.
        She's doing fine with all her meds now despite a few scary times along the
        way. Cats are amazing with their ability to rebound so keep on giving her
        love and care!

        Sue