Hi from Australia

  • Catherine Browning
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hi,

      Catherine again. One week now until their checkup, just thought I'd
      post a little good news.

      New Year's Eve was tough. It was around 110 degrees most of the
      day, and around 95 degrees all through the night. The humidity got
      up to around 80% for a very long time. And we have no air
      conditioning.

      It was tough on them. Toughest I believe on Claude. None of them
      did open-mouth breathing, but just lay around waiting for the cool
      weather (we'd had a string of 95-degree days with 60 degree evenings
      leading up to this). But Claude really FREAKED when the fireworks
      started, and he's not normally scared of that kind of thing.

      I got pretty scared myself, truth be told. It was a day of total
      fire ban, and the fireworks we heard were illegal, and close-by.

      The following morning, it was around 75 degrees outside, and all the
      troublemaking humans were asleep, so we let them out supervised, and
      they just perked up IMMENSELY! Chasing each other around the yard,
      climbing, leaping, rolling on their backs, attacking my ankles.
      They were just so happy!

      It was a beautiful thing to see. The rest of the week is meant to
      be below 85, though Monday 9th is meant to be muggy and around 95
      again.

      The feline family is now on Catster ...
      http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?i=242306 is the mother's
      (Kitty's) URL, and that picture of her was taken on New Year's
      morning -- you can see how happy she is now that the silly-heat had
      ended!

      Cheers from Australia,

      Catherine, Kitty (mother), Buttons-Angel, Patch, Claude and Tuppenny!
    • millefont1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
        Hi, Catherine---Thanks for the happy report and the picutes. They're beautiful! We have
        relatives in Sydney, whose air con was knocked out by a lightening strike a week before
        Xmas. Yikes! Don't know how you are all bearing this heat, esp. without air con...! Hope
        the next wave doesn't last too long.
        Susan and Peaseblossom