Update -Teddy in Heart Failure

  • sophiaphlee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hi everyone,
      this is just a note to update you on Teddy. No need to reply. :)

      Teddy seems to be having a tough time coming out of heart failure.
      Christmas eve at 11:30, we rushed him to his heart doctor who kept
      him over night and upped his Lasix dose. Still the fluid in the
      pulmonary sac remained. Yesterday I took him back to see his doctor.
      She seems quite worried about Teddy. She wants him on 12.5 of Lasix
      3x a day, then wants to see him back next Saturday. His kidney
      functions are fine (He had been on Tumil-K for 2 weeks but is now
      off. ) We are monitoring his kidneys now because of this.

      He actually seems a lot better today and is more himself. I think
      this higher dose is working but I hope that he won't have to stay on
      it for very long.
      It's just one day at a time.

      Happy New Year to the group and blessings to you and your kitties for
      the New Year!

      Shane