antihistamines

  • Randi C. Cohen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2001
      Hi Jeanne -

      Elsa doesn't like pills either and is a pretty picky eater so I get her meds compounded now. (She actually comes running for her fish-flavored atenolol.) For the antihistamine, she's tried chlorpheniramine, which may or may not be what's in Benadryl. (Pre-compounding, I bought a generic, over the counter version, "allergy relief tablet" and gave her half a ground-up tablet twice a day.) We're about to try with another type of antihistamine that the compounding pharmacist says does not have as strong a medicine taste. Can't remember the name, but I can write again when I pick up the bottle.

      Good luck,
      Randi

      Randi C. Cohen, Ph.D.
      beetrix, llc