Re: my baby is gone

  • MJ Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2005
      Dearest Emily,

      I am so sorry that Coco went beyond the Rainbow
      Bridgea and that it was so frightening. You certainly
      did do the best thing for little Coco ... the therapy
      for saddle thrombus for small animals (kitties) is not
      guaranteed. Know in your heart and mind you did the
      best thing! And certainly the most generous to free
      her from suffering further.

      See this link for more information and other details
      (scroll down about 1/4 through the page):
      http://www.felinecrf.org/related_diseases.htm

      'Other possible problems include blindness, which may
      be caused by untreated high blood pressure; or limping
      or an inability to use the legs, particularly the hind
      legs - this may be caused by a blood clot in the aorta
      which stops the blood supply to the legs (sometimes
      known as a saddle thrombus). This is both
      life-threatening and extremely painful, and you should
      consult a vet as soon as possible. Affected legs are
      likely to be cold to the touch. Cardiology Northwest
      has some information on blood clots, as does
      University of California at Davis. Weak legs (as
      opposed to limping) may also have other causes, see
      Index of Symptoms and Treatments. A low body
      temperature may be seen in congestive heart failure.'

      Cardiology Northwest outlines that there are no safe
      or efficient ways to treat this ...
      http://www.heartvet.com/showpracfaq.cfm?FAQID=2384&Private=1

      I hope this will help you a little ...
      And know you did the best thing - may her Angel Kitty
      Whiskers watch over you always!
      Love,
      MJ & Rupert & Bimmer
      'There is no death - only a change of worlds.'
      - Chief Seattle

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com