Enacard & Vasotec

  • Del H. Daniels
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005
      My Sam began Enacard two weeks ago, 2.5 mg twice a day @ .90 each. Years ago my HCM kitty took Vasotec ... does anyone here use Vasotec and is it cheaper? Sam will have what he needs, but I have several other kitties and if we can achieve the same results with less $$, that would be a good thing.

      Del

    • Susan
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005
        Del,

        Did your vet give you a script to fill? Our kitties
        are literally all on human meds and all these
        prescriptions can be filled at the people pharmacy for
        less, since vets usually have a surcharge. In addition
        people pharmacists are great for answering questions
        about meds.

        Susan

        --- "Del H. Daniels" <del.daniels@...> wrote:

        > My Sam began Enacard two weeks ago, 2.5 mg twice a
        > day @ .90 each. Years ago my HCM kitty took Vasotec
        > ... does anyone here use Vasotec and is it cheaper?
        > Sam will have what he needs, but I have several
        > other kitties and if we can achieve the same results
        > with less $$, that would be a good thing.
        >
        > Del

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Belinda Sauro
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005
          Del,
          Ask your vet if there is a generic version, and get your perscription
          at Costco or somewhere aelse, it will be cheaper than what the vet
          charges. I get all my kitties scripts somewhere else and there is quite
          a difference in price.

          --
          Belinda
          Happiness is being owned by cats ...

          Be-Mi-Kitties ...
          http://www.bemikitties.com

          http://adopt.bemikitties.com

          FeLV Candle Light Service
          http://www.bemikitties.com/cls

          HostDesign4U.com (affordable hosting & web design)
          http://HostDesign4U.com

          -----------

          BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)
          http://bmk.bemikitties.com
        • mfortner@att.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005
            From: "Del H. Daniels" <del.daniels@...>
            > My Sam began Enacard two weeks ago, 2.5 mg twice a day @ .90 each. Years ago my
            > HCM kitty took Vasotec ... does anyone here use Vasotec and is it cheaper?

            Spice takes Enalapril - which is the generic form of both Vasotec AND Enacard. Generics are always cheaper. I order it from Petrx.com - 100 2.5 mg tablets for $20.95 - but I was paying almost 3 times that much from the local Walgreens. Ordering online is much cheaper - even with shipping.

            The search engine for the petrx.com site doesn't seem to be working tonight - but here's another site where you can order Enalapirl at the same price - http://www.petcarerx.com/

            --
            Marge, Sugar, Spice (HCM), Creamsicle, and Callie
            Bridge Kitties Felix and Oscar