my baby is gone...

  • emilycdunbar
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      My cat, Coco, passed away on Sunday. She was my best friend, and I had
      her for 15 years. I am finally beginning to cope with her death, but I
      am still confused about her disease. On Sunday morning, my mother and
      I found her on the basement floor, writhing in pain and crying very
      loudly. She was shivering, and could not stand up or move her back
      legs at all. She had bloody diarrhea and had vomited. I put her in her
      bed and rushed her to the emergency animal hospital, where they, after
      looking at her, told me she had "saddle thrombus." I had never heard
      of this before. My baby was so healthy, and I had no reason to believe
      she was ill. The vet told me that euthanasia was the best option for
      Coco. All I wanted was for her to not be in pain, but I did not
      understand her disease. I decided that the vet was right, and I chose
      to euthanize her. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. Does
      anyone else have a similar experience? Please help me to cope with
      this. I miss my cat so much.