Re: [FH] Starbucks has passed away

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
      My deepest condolences :(

    • Terri Womack
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
        Diane - I'm so sorry. My thoughts/prayers are with you.

        Terri

        Diane <dwilliam@...> wrote:
        My beloved kitty Starbucks passed away this morning, 6 months after
        being diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy. He had been doing great
        but yesterday was noticably uncomfortable and in the early hours this
        morning he was obviously declining. He's had bad times before and
        always responded to a chest tap, but as I was driving to the vet this
        morning I felt something was different. It was like he was telling me
        he couldn't fight anymore and needed to go on. He was not even
        responding last night to injected Lasix, by that I mean he wasn't
        urinating, and it appeared his kidneys had begun to fail as well. He
        was on the max. dosages of lasix, spiro, enalapril, digoxin, plus
        CoQ10 and natto. We had paperwork in to the FDA for a waiver on
        pimobendan, which I had great hopes for, but his little heart was just
        worn out today. My vet and her techs had fought with Star and I over
        these past six months to keep him healthy and all of us were in tears,
        but his end was peaceful. I have emailed Lisa privately, but wanted
        to thank her, Baby Boy, and all of you for giving me hope and support
        during this 6 month journey. I treasure that time I had with Star,
        and you all were a big part of keeping me sane, calm and informed.
        Thank you.