Starbucks has passed away

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
      My beloved kitty Starbucks passed away this morning, 6 months after
      being diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy. He had been doing great
      but yesterday was noticably uncomfortable and in the early hours this
      morning he was obviously declining. He's had bad times before and
      always responded to a chest tap, but as I was driving to the vet this
      morning I felt something was different. It was like he was telling me
      he couldn't fight anymore and needed to go on. He was not even
      responding last night to injected Lasix, by that I mean he wasn't
      urinating, and it appeared his kidneys had begun to fail as well. He
      was on the max. dosages of lasix, spiro, enalapril, digoxin, plus
      CoQ10 and natto. We had paperwork in to the FDA for a waiver on
      pimobendan, which I had great hopes for, but his little heart was just
      worn out today. My vet and her techs had fought with Star and I over
      these past six months to keep him healthy and all of us were in tears,
      but his end was peaceful. I have emailed Lisa privately, but wanted
      to thank her, Baby Boy, and all of you for giving me hope and support
      during this 6 month journey. I treasure that time I had with Star,
      and you all were a big part of keeping me sane, calm and informed.
      Thank you.
    • Belinda Sauro
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
        Diane,
        I'm very sorry for your loss of Starbucks. He is with you always in
        your heart and will let you know he is OK, take care of yourself.

        --
        Belinda
        Happiness is being owned by cats ...

        Be-Mi-Kitties ...
        http://www.bemikitties.com

        http://adopt.bemikitties.com

        FeLV Candle Light Service
        http://www.bemikitties.com/cls

        HostDesign4U.com (affordable hosting & web design)
        http://HostDesign4U.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
          My deepest condolences :(

        • Terri Womack
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
            Diane - I'm so sorry. My thoughts/prayers are with you.

            Terri