Re: [FH] Thanks, one more question

  • Linda Fischbach
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
      You can buy potassium gluconate OTC, and for much less than vets charge. I
      bought 3 pounds (yes, pounds) of NOW pure potassium gluconate powder for
      less than $20. http://members.verizon.net/~vze2r6qt/supplies/potassium.htm

      But don't supplement without knowing that your cat's
      potassium is low.

      Mittens was on potassium supplements (for CRF) before he started Lasix and
      Enalapril. Even though the Lasix drains potassium, the Enalapril conserves
      it so well that he no longer needed potassium. Never assume that the cat
      needs potassium without blood work.

      Linda