comforting thought I hope

  • marthe horn-Davis
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2005
      Hi Paula,

      You said that well, I got Lenny 12 days after losing Rocky, too soon, well a little, it took longer to bond, after the grief, but we did and my reasons were like you say, sometimes we need a little longer, but there is a space to fill not to replace but to honour...that's the truth. A donation to an animal cause is another one....but there are so many unfortunate kitties waiting and to find a loving home is so difficult...so when a person is ready it is indeed a good idea to continue that love and give to an animal in an unfortunate situation....eventually, again.

      My thoughts to everyone that has lost a loved cat and peace in dealing with the incredible sorrow and loss.

      I agree with you Paula

      > For those who can't bring themselves to add a new kitty >to their
      >lives: One of my areas of interest when I was earning my >MA in
      >Psychology was grief therapy. My mentor worked with pet >>mourning, and she said something during a therapy >meeting that has
      >stuck with me ever since. She said that our pets leave >our lives to
      >allow space for another lucky one to receive the special >home and care
      >and love we offer. Bringing a new animal and a new love >into our life
      >doesn't dishonor the pet we've lost; it honors his or her >memory and
      >the place they had in our lives as a continuing legacy >of love. So we
      >need not feel disloyal for eventually finding a new kitty >to love!

      >That idea has helped me over the years and losses, and I hope it does
      the same for others.

      Thank you for writing this down and sharing it.

      Marthe, Gina and Lenny