Thanks, one more question

  • vickie
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
      What kinda side effects should I look for when giving lasix 3x a day.

      Vickie
      In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02 and Smudge 5/01/04
      Beware of Feline Diabetes !!!

    • Susan Burns
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
        hi vickie....your vet will no doubt be monitoring
        kidney function, but another concern is loss of
        potassium with so much urine being shed.....roger rags
        was on 468mgs of potassium gluconate daily (rena-care
        by amvet, prescription only), as his potassium levels
        began dropping each time we increased the
        lasix.....even with a potassium sparing drug such as
        enalapril or in his case, benazepril, being given as
        well, he needed supplementation.....take care, susan

        http://mail.yahoo.com