Re: Bad news for Spencer

  • jen
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2005
      Luanne,

      >>> he now has bradycardia and no apparent association between the
      sinus and AV node

      This is the definition of a complete heart block aka 3rd degree.

      Ok, so if his bp is norm but his heart rate is low, than it's a good
      thing. We still have re-do bp tests to see if it's high, low or
      normal. His heart rate during the ECG was only 72 bpm.

      72 isn't horrible. Deagan's rate is usually only about 80-90 bpm and
      he is fully Beta blocked (he has the highest dose I've read about)
      and his blood pressure is about 90-100 systolic. Have they talked
      about a pacemaker? Lots of money, but a complete cure for his
      heartblock.

      > Spencer has actually been great thru everything and he's still
      acting like he's prefectly healthy. He's a silly ole boy!

      That's so great!>

      >How do you get Deagan to take his supps?
      >What's in the cardiostrength that you're using?

      I just started using Webbers Naturals 100mg which I squeeze onto his
      food. He really likes the taste of it and usually licks it off first
      before he eats his dinner. The cardiostrength is by vetriscience, I
      ordered it through naturalpets.com and they have a full ingredient
      list on their site.

      Hugs for Spencer kitty!

      jen, deagan and angel kira the dog