Nattokinase

  • Tanya Elder
    Message 1 of 58 , Nov 25, 2005
      I've been going through old messages regarding nattokinase, trying to
      read up on it before asking you all questions. I haven't found any in
      stores, so I will order some from the internet. As usual, I have some
      questions!

      1. I read that the natto should not have vitamin k in it, is this
      correct? How do you know if vitamin k is in the natto? What do I need
      to know about the natto? (I took a look at the articles on natto in
      the Files sections, but the words were really big!)

      2. I saw the site from nutricology.com, and I've been looking at the
      Vitamin Shoppe also, any other brands/products you can recommend?

      3. If Zanzi is on aspirin, can she take the natto also? She is not on
      any other blood meds, yet.

      4. Lastly, I tried searching Vitamin Shoppe for empty gelcaps, and the
      terms "gelcaps" came up empty. Is there another name I don't know?

      This is what she's taking per day now:

      Diltiazem
      cq-10
      l-carnitine (mostly)
      nu-cat vitamin
      slippery elm (as of today)
      aspirin every three days
      psyllium husks occassionally, for constipation

      Thanks again, for letting me bend your ear with questions.

      Peace,
      Tanya and Zanzibar
    • Carol
      Message 58 of 58 , Aug 13 8:23 PM
        hi Jen,

        We use Nutricology Nattozyme.  They  make a few potencies, but this is the one we used. http://www.vitacost.com/nutricology-nattozyme-90-softgels  It's 36mg in each softgel.

        Most brands are good, just make sure you get one that has the Vitamin K removed.  Some of them don't.

        We gave our Misty 1 softgel twice a day.  Some folks gave much  more, up to 100mg twice a day.

        Carol and Angel Misty