cranberry and urinary tract infections?

  • Tanya Elder
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hi folks,

      I just wanted to clarify something I read today. I'm in the process of
      changing Zanzibar's food from MaxCat to something better, like
      PetGuard or Wellness. But I read earlier that Welness has cranberries
      in it and that can lead to urinary tract infections if a cat is prone
      to them? Did I understand that correctly? Zanzi's had two infections
      in her lifetime, both pretty painful. Should I not feed her food with
      cranberries?

      As an update, she's doing a bit better, up and walking around, jumping
      on the windowsill occasionally. I spoke to the vet and he said that he
      saw a small quantity of fluid on her lungs, but didn't want to put her
      on Lasik yet, in case it cleared up. I am going to try and take her
      for a checkup when I get paid again next week. What should I look for
      in regards to trouble when it comes to her breathing? I think might
      have already asked this question, but maybe not.

      I'm giving her fish oil in the mornings, and l-car and cq10 in the
      evenings. She hates the vitamin paste, so I've had to ixnay that.
      She's been constipated, so I gave her some psyllium husks tonight
      until I can go and buy something else. No signs of poo yet! She tried
      this morning, rather unsuccessfully, poor thing!

      Anyway, here's to well wishes for all of you and your kitties, have a
      great night, and thanks.

      Tanya