Re: [FH] I lost my Boo.... (really long - may upset some)

  • ladycherise@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
      I toally understand what you are going thru,
      I lost my beloved cat Cuddles from renal failure when he was 19 years old. I
      saw him go from a 15 pound cat to a 5 pound cat despite all the life saving
      measures the vet and I took to help him, I gave him IV fluids the last 3
      months of his life and saw him waste away to the point of not being able to walk
      and one day he went into sepsis shock and his ears and paws were cold and
      when I saw him trying to drag himself with his 2 front legs towards the garage
      door where he used to love to go explore out in the garage and he could not
      stand but only try to push I knew it was time, and I didnt want to do it but I
      had to and its hurt then and it still hurts now and I cry writting this
      because I loved him so much and I could not save him. I miss him but his quality
      of life was non existant. the day I took him I held him in my arms while they
      put him to sleep and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, I wanted to
      hold on and he just couldnt.. so my prayers are with you in this hard time, it
      gets easier but you will always miss him and I really feel one day we will
      all be reunited with our loved ones again..
      Cindy