Re: [FH] I lost my Boo.... (really long - may upset some)

  • Lisa Clarizia
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      Carmen,

      I am so, so sorry to hear about Boogie :( I am also so sad for you that you
      had to go through this!

      You did the best you could for him, and the others are right, there is
      nothing to be gained by beating yourself up. While some experiences are
      better than others, the sad reality is that this is a battle 99.9999% of
      cats will just not win, no matter what we do.

      I can see how his death was so traumatic for you to witness ... but really,
      despite whatever pain he may have felt in the last moments of his life, his
      eternity is pain-free. And he wouldn't want you to beat yourself up like
      this! This didn't happen because you didn't love him, it didn't happen
      because you didn't care or were too lazy or anything else ... you didn't
      cause it, you couldn't cure it, and it is *not* your fault.

      I know how awful this is for you now, and I'm so glad you posted ... please
      don't feel you can't because it's sad, this is a support group and we're
      here in good times and in bad. Vent as much as you'd like! As difficult as
      this is now, I promise, there will come a time when you can remember Boogie
      with nothing but happiness, and you *will* see him again someday!

      *hugs*

      Lisa