Re: What do I do about a constipated kitty? | Slippery Elm Bark??

  • mjj_007
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hi Leah,

      I am a new member here (just bumped over from the CRF group,
      although my little Rupert has had HCM for three years!). One of the
      things that works well for him (and for his brother Bimmer) is
      Slippery Elm Bark. I put 1/8 - 1/4 tsp of the bulk powder form in 2
      Tablespoons of meat babyfood. It is wonderful for motility:
      constipation, acid tummy (calms the vomiting) and as an added bonus
      of helping the little guys' coats look & feel wonderful (the ilatter
      is not a priority when we're treating such serious conditions, but
      it is certainly a nice side effect.

      I get Rupert's SEB in bulk at Whole Foods and if there are none
      close to you, you can order online. Let me know and I can send you
      a few links as options.

      Best regards and good wishes to little Alec - hope his constipation
      improves soon!

      MJ & Rupert & Bimmer

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "leahandhercats"