Re: [FH] I lost my Boo.... (really long - may upset some)

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
      I am extremely sorry about Boogie and feel for you, but one thing you cannot and should not do is beat yourself up. Boogie would not be anymore alive or happy at all to see you unhappy. Our babies HATE it when we are sad or upset. Grief is natural but you are not God and you can only do what you can do. The vet situation does sound awful and I sincerely hope that you can find some vets that are much more compassionate and knowledgeable for your other kitties sakes. I'm just really really sorry but many cats do not even live as long as Boogie did. My Grant died from cancer this February and he was just 8. I still miss him terribly. I understand totally the feelings of loss and guilt (I will always wonder why I did not see signs of Grant's illness sooner of if some of his behaviours indicted it and I just didn't see) but it doesn't bring him back and only makes my memories of him sad instead of the happy goofy ones that are really the memories that keep them alive. So please do not let Boogie die in your memory by beating yourself up with guilt. Sitdown and write about all the good things Boogie was and let him really rest, happy and free from pain. ((((Hugs))))

    • Ruthie
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
        I 100% agree. There is nothing that can be gained by looking back on what
        was. Look towards what will be. Remember that you still have 6 wonderful
        babies that need you and need you to be strong.

        My heart goes out to you, and believe me, I understand the helpless feeling.
        My cat has a ventricular septal defect (a hole in her heart) and there is no
        treatment. I would be giving her supplements and feeding a better food but
        we barely have money for groceries for ourselves right now. I certainly
        wish I could do more, but right now I just can't, and it's not something you
        beat yourself up over.

        So please remember the times you had with him with joy and keep your chin
        up. Eventually it won't hurt quite as bad.

        And be sure you snuggle those other kitties, they could use it right now,
        and it might be therapeutic for you.

        Ruthie and the crew.

        IBM: Impersonal Bellicose Magnate

        Visit www.ruthieville.com today for your daily dose of me.

      • ladycherise@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
          I toally understand what you are going thru,
          I lost my beloved cat Cuddles from renal failure when he was 19 years old. I
          saw him go from a 15 pound cat to a 5 pound cat despite all the life saving
          measures the vet and I took to help him, I gave him IV fluids the last 3
          months of his life and saw him waste away to the point of not being able to walk
          and one day he went into sepsis shock and his ears and paws were cold and
          when I saw him trying to drag himself with his 2 front legs towards the garage
          door where he used to love to go explore out in the garage and he could not
          stand but only try to push I knew it was time, and I didnt want to do it but I
          had to and its hurt then and it still hurts now and I cry writting this
          because I loved him so much and I could not save him. I miss him but his quality
          of life was non existant. the day I took him I held him in my arms while they
          put him to sleep and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, I wanted to
          hold on and he just couldnt.. so my prayers are with you in this hard time, it
          gets easier but you will always miss him and I really feel one day we will
          all be reunited with our loved ones again..
          Cindy