Re: [FH] What do I do about a constipated kitty?

  • Sue B
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      Leah,

      First, make sure he's drinking enough water. If you feed him dry food,
      that's probably a big part of the problem. Cats get a large percentage of
      their water from canned food. If he's eating canned, try mixing in a bit of
      water.

      I buy psyllium husks in bulk from the health food store and add a tiny pinch
      into her canned food. You can also get it online
      http://www.vitacost.com/SourceNaturalsPsylliumHuskPowder

      It's just fiber without anything else and can help get his system moving.
      You might also syringe some oil into him to help things slide through better
      too. I've seen the vet do that for other animals. Just give him part of a
      ml of omega oil or something like that a couple times during the day. If
      you don't have omega oil, be careful of what you give him. I wouldn't use
      corn oil since so many animals are allergic to corn.

      Sue