elsas vet visit

  • meyersandrea
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      fast post for now- i have to admit i am exhausted-and need to try to not think for a few
      hours :)
      good news:
      my vet listened to elsas heart-and it sounded good-the murmur was barely detectable.
      she will staying on atenolol 6.25 and get rechecked (echo) in 6 months.
      i will probably get the cbc done then-my vet said it is not a needed test right now-but i
      will get it done ikn 6 months to check kidney/liver etc-but i am not worried about that-
      but do want to be thorough--she did get a bloodtest for her taurine level
      i will not be putting her on supplements until we are both more adapted to pilling and her
      case is still mild...but we will go on the cq10 etc in the somewhat near future.
      the person that comes to do the echo is not a cardiologist-but is an ultrasound-ographer
      (?)-but my vet assured me that she actually reads echos for some cardiologists-and that
      this is her specialty. .
      i got a small syringe to give her 2-3cc water after i pill her--but will stick with the capsule
      form of atenolol.
      i feel totally safe with my vet and this hospital-and even more so after today...and they do
      work well with me as a neurotic mom :)
      thanks everyone for their support and excellent information-
      i need to read much more-but from what i "got" so far-it is a good step-and helps
      enormously to know what i can in order to help her in all the best ways.
      just relieved that my vet said her heart sounded good-and that she is doing well. by no
      means does this make it less "serious"-but-it does help :)
      andrea and elsa