Good news!

  • plplat2003
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 30, 2005
      I just took my Tristan to the cardiologist today, Sunday, for a
      recheck. (This was due to the episode of suspected CHF he had in
      July, all the more worrying because his littermate Jesse has moderate
      HCM.) We got great news! Tristan's lungs are OK and his heart looks
      normal on X-ray. So it seems my boy has mild asthma - and I will be
      buying a new air cleaning unit this coming week to make sure the air
      inside my house is more clean.

      To everyone whose precious kitty has been recently diagnosed with
      heart disease, don't give up hope! Jesse was diagnosed with HCM three
      years ago and he is thriving, thanks to enalapril, atenolol, lasix,
      and baby aspirin...and lots of love.

      BTW, I asked my vet about enalapril reversing HCM in cats, and she
      confirmed that studies show that it seems to in many cases. Even more
      hope for our fur-babies!

      Paula, Mom to Malka, Jesse, and Tristan (and angel Kallie)