Gizmoin CHF again

  • Aimee Collins
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
      I woke up this morning and Gizmo was making the same noises that he was making last time in CHF. His breathing was real labored so I rushed him in to the vet and called the cardiologist. I was told to have them give him a shot of Lasix and get him some oxygen. I just left him there and I am so sad and scared. My cardiologist said that sometimes he may go into chf, and we wont be able to get him out. I am going to leave him in the oxygen there until he is stablilized. Then they can do an xray to see how the fluid is. We will go from there if we need to take him to the cardiologist. I feel like I am loosing him again.I just thought that we had him stabilized. I am saying my prayers.- Aimee

    • Lisa Clarizia
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
        Aimee,

        *Hugs* I know how scary it is ... I was told the same thing about Baby Boy.

        It takes some time to get it under control, and fine-tuning of the
        medication/supplements. It took me almost four months before Baby Boy got to
        the point where his fluid was stable.

        Those emergency situations are no fun, though ... you might want to ask if
        they will prescribe injectable lasix and syringes for you, to use in cases
        of emergency. I've got a bottle here, and while you do have to fight the
        temptation to inject them every time they're breathing a little funny, it's
        a great thing to have on hand. These things always seem to happen in the
        middle of the night or whenever the vet is not easily available, and if you
        can do it at home, you can provide him with some relief.

        I'll be praying along with you!

        Lisa

        On 10/6/05, Aimee Collins <aimeecollins@...> wrote:

        > I woke up this morning and Gizmo was making the same noises that he was
        > making last time in CHF. His breathing was real labored so I rushed him in
        > to the vet and called the cardiologist. I was told to have them give him a
        > shot of Lasix and get him some oxygen. I just left him there and I am so sad
        > and scared. My cardiologist said that sometimes he may go into chf, and we
        > wont be able to get him out. I am going to leave him in the oxygen there
        > until he is stablilized. Then they can do an xray to see how the fluid is.
        > We will go from there if we need to take him to the cardiologist. I feel
        > like I am loosing him again.I just thought that we had him stabilized. I
        > am saying my prayers.- Aimee

      • Sue B
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
          Aimee,

          I've been through that several times with Pepper. She's always been fine
          afterwards. Each time they would decide that she needed a bit more lasix.
          The last time was in May and she's been fine ever since.

          It's never easy leaving them at the vet's. I can't sleep knowing she's not
          home and fret that she's upset at the vet's in her little cage. But
          overall, it's the best for her in the long run.

          I'll keep my fingers crossed that it goes the same for you and Gizmo.

          Sue