Re: [FH] Re: [F-H-CRF] Digest Number 106

  • Linda Fischbach
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
      Susan, please find out what is in the Kidney Essence. Some things might
      increase appetite but aren't good for a CRF cat.

      Pepcid and Slippery Elm Bark do NOT work the same way. Slippery Elm coats
      the stomach, plus has fiber. Pepcid prevents secretion of too much acid.

      Linda

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
        and the reason for the Pepcid is that too much acid is bad for kidney
        functions........as I understand it........

        > hi lisa.....roger rags was diagnosed in january with
        > severe hcm and congestive heart failure, but has been
        > doing really, really well......however, he has gone
        > from 14 lbs in january to just under 9 a week or so
        > ago, and naturally it's a huge concern......roger sees
        > a wonderful integrative vet who specializes in chinese
        > medicine, and though we were fearful about adding yet
        > another "something" to his boatload of allopathic meds
        > and supplements, we couldn't allow him to continue
        > losing weight.....his kidney values have climbed
        > consistently since his diagnosis and introduction to
        > the diuretic, lasix, but are now holding steady, and
        > my hunch has always been that the elevated bun and
        > creatinine were somehow intertwined with the weight
        > loss.....one week ago, pamela put him on "kidney
        > essence" (a combination of many chinese herbs) at 1cc
        > twice per day, and by day two he went from eating
        > barely a teaspoon of wet food and a mouthful or two of
        > dry to an entire can and no dry......he is gaining
        > weight and has much more energy.....he has always been
        > given wellness canned, but since his interest had
        > waned, i took up someone's suggestion and bought
        > trader joe's "turkey" and "chicken with rice".....i
        > puree them in a small food processor so that they
        > approach baby food consistency, and he inhales
        > them.....i've now begun introducing the wellness back
        > in (also pureed), and we're back to normal......if you
        > can't find out about the "kidney essence", let me know
        > and i'll get you the details.....it's truly miracle
        > stuff......warmly, susan with roger rags
        >>^..^<....p.s....in addition, what i've found to be
        > far superior to pepcid is slippery elm bark (all
        > health food stores carry it....get the inner
        > bark).....1 tsp mixed into 1/2 cup COLD water and
        > boiled until syrupy.....syringe in 1-3 cc's as needed
        > about an hour away from food for a happy tummy....

        feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "feline-heart