Re: [F-H-CRF] Digest Number 106

  • Susan Burns
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      hi lisa.....roger rags was diagnosed in january with
      severe hcm and congestive heart failure, but has been
      doing really, really well......however, he has gone
      from 14 lbs in january to just under 9 a week or so
      ago, and naturally it's a huge concern......roger sees
      a wonderful integrative vet who specializes in chinese
      medicine, and though we were fearful about adding yet
      another "something" to his boatload of allopathic meds
      and supplements, we couldn't allow him to continue
      losing weight.....his kidney values have climbed
      consistently since his diagnosis and introduction to
      the diuretic, lasix, but are now holding steady, and
      my hunch has always been that the elevated bun and
      creatinine were somehow intertwined with the weight
      loss.....one week ago, pamela put him on "kidney
      essence" (a combination of many chinese herbs) at 1cc
      twice per day, and by day two he went from eating
      barely a teaspoon of wet food and a mouthful or two of
      dry to an entire can and no dry......he is gaining
      weight and has much more energy.....he has always been
      given wellness canned, but since his interest had
      waned, i took up someone's suggestion and bought
      trader joe's "turkey" and "chicken with rice".....i
      puree them in a small food processor so that they
      approach baby food consistency, and he inhales
      them.....i've now begun introducing the wellness back
      in (also pureed), and we're back to normal......if you
      can't find out about the "kidney essence", let me know
      and i'll get you the details.....it's truly miracle
      stuff......warmly, susan with roger rags
      >^..^<....p.s....in addition, what i've found to be
      far superior to pepcid is slippery elm bark (all
      health food stores carry it....get the inner
      bark).....1 tsp mixed into 1/2 cup COLD water and
      boiled until syrupy.....syringe in 1-3 cc's as needed
      about an hour away from food for a happy tummy....

      arkful1@... wrote:

      "if you live to be a hundred, i want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so that i never have to live without you"....winnie the pooh

      http://mail.yahoo.com