Re: [FH] Re: spam message about my message

  • diane
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
      >I'm pretty sure the second one (from Tom Quiring) is spam designed to
      >harvest email addresses. I deleted it.

      Tom has been a member of this since since April 2004, he is not a spammer.

      Diane
      Feline Heart List Mom
    • Lisa Clarizia
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
        Thanks Diane, I'd figured that out after the second message from him :) It
        just seemed like a spammish message (sorry, Tom!)

        Lisa

        --
        Lisa Clarizia
        lclarizia@...

      • Tom Quiring
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
          With the ability to spoof e-mail addresses by spammers/virus propagators
          the individual in the address box may not be the culprit. It does not
          hurt to check if your name is the one as sender.

          TQ

        • mfortner@att.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
            From: "Tom Quiring" <tomquiring@...>
            > With the ability to spoof e-mail addresses by spammers/virus propagators
            > the individual in the address box may not be the culprit. It does not
            > hurt to check if your name is the one as sender.

            True...my email address has been spoofed by spammers numerous times. The only way I found out it was happening was when some of them bounced or were blocked. The Worldnet abuse desk told me the only way to stop that from happening is to change my email address!

            Anyway, I would NEVER send anyone my email address in response to a request like we received. So I deleted it also.

            --
            Marge, Sugar, Spice (HCM), Creamsicle, and Callie
            Bridge Kitties Felix and Oscar