Re: [FH] CoQ10

  • Sue B
    Message 1 of 94 , Oct 1, 2005
      I subscribe to the newsletter published by ConsumerLab.com
      (http://www.consumerlab.com/results/CoQ10.asp) and they report HUGE
      variations in the quality and quantity of active ingredients across brands.
      That's why I would rather pay more for a brand that I trust. (Note that
      Consumer Lab requires a paid subscription to see report details. This is
      only a summary)

      Sue

      Message 94 of 94 , Jan 14
        Hi, Cindy,

        My Idgie has been taking Aktivait Cat, which contains CoQ10, as a "brain" vitamin for almost 5 years, for cognitive dysfunction.  She is 21-1/2yo.

        She has also been taking amlodipine SID and atenolol BID, under the guidance of the HoD, Cardiology, at the veterinary school in Berne (Switzerland) for 18 months.  The cardiologist knew/knows Idgie was getting/gets CoQ10 and never suggested that I separate the supplement from the heart meds, which I give Idgie to control high blood pressure due to her ISIS Stage 2 CKD and tachycardia, probably due to old age.  (She also needs help maintaining a normal body temperature, probably due to her age, so she always has access to gentle heat.  I have never seen evidence of any side effects from giving these meds at the same time.

        Head butts,

        Barbara & Idgie