Re: spam message about my message

  • marthe horn-Davis
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hi,

      I got an email from two sources that seem a bit
      ???ble.

      one was an advert. to open a file for spam...I'm
      spamming that one. Another from someone on line,
      forgive me if I am in error, I don't believe I ever
      heard of him...(apology to him if I'm wrong but I am
      not sending anything there either.

      Marthe

    • Lisa Clarizia
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 30, 2005
        I'm pretty sure the second one (from Tom Quiring) is spam designed to
        harvest email addresses. I deleted it.

        Lisa

        On 9/30/05, marthe horn-Davis <marthehorndavis@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I got an email from two sources that seem a bit
        > ???ble.
        >
        > one was an advert. to open a file for spam...I'm
        > spamming that one. Another from someone on line,
        > forgive me if I am in error, I don't believe I ever
        > heard of him...(apology to him if I'm wrong but I am
        > not sending anything there either.
        >

        > Marthe

        Lisa Clarizia
        lclarizia@...

      • diane
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
          >I'm pretty sure the second one (from Tom Quiring) is spam designed to
          >harvest email addresses. I deleted it.

          Tom has been a member of this since since April 2004, he is not a spammer.

          Diane
          Feline Heart List Mom
        • Lisa Clarizia
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
            Thanks Diane, I'd figured that out after the second message from him :) It
            just seemed like a spammish message (sorry, Tom!)

            Lisa

            --
            Lisa Clarizia
            lclarizia@...

          • Tom Quiring
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
              With the ability to spoof e-mail addresses by spammers/virus propagators
              the individual in the address box may not be the culprit. It does not
              hurt to check if your name is the one as sender.

              TQ

            • mfortner@att.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
                From: "Tom Quiring" <tomquiring@...>
                > With the ability to spoof e-mail addresses by spammers/virus propagators
                > the individual in the address box may not be the culprit. It does not
                > hurt to check if your name is the one as sender.

                True...my email address has been spoofed by spammers numerous times. The only way I found out it was happening was when some of them bounced or were blocked. The Worldnet abuse desk told me the only way to stop that from happening is to change my email address!

                Anyway, I would NEVER send anyone my email address in response to a request like we received. So I deleted it also.

                --
                Marge, Sugar, Spice (HCM), Creamsicle, and Callie
                Bridge Kitties Felix and Oscar