Mourning Dove,

  • marthe horn-Davis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hi and Thank you to everyone:

      The little bird (adult mourning dove) definitely
      couldn't hold his head up and it seemed to worsen so
      he wasn't just in shock or temporarily "stunned". I
      googled on birds and injuries and read that if they
      collide with a window wall or are attacked by hawks,
      there are many around..quite often there is little
      that can be done...and this is peril to many birds as
      often there is brain damage...Sad but what can you do?
      Here in our city there was a wonderful story about
      peregrin falcons living on the top of city buildings,
      and birders were following the nesting and births of
      new birds (I believe that these animals are a rare
      species) Sadly, in the confines of city life, I
      believe at least one or more did fly into mirrored
      glass of the buildings...what can you do...perhaps
      they should have been moved...?

      If this guy (animal wildlife) would have called me
      well I would have brought him there but I think when I
      described what the injury was he likely knew...I
      understand that he is very busy with saving birds and
      wildlife....I am sure that he is overwhelmed and this
      would all be volunteer work....there are some good
      people in the world.

      Marthe
      SO thank you again.