Re: [FH] CoQ10

  • Sue B
    Message 1 of 104 , Sep 29 6:38 PM
      I've heard that CoQ10 is like other supplements - that the quality can vary
      greatly from one brand to another. I normally buy all my supplements and
      Pepper's supplements using brands that I trust. What do you know about the
      BJ's brand?

      Sue

      Message 104 of 104 , Jul 28

        I understand this group recommends CoQ10 for heart disease kitties and I tried it for our Davin who has cardiomyopathy.  What I noticed was after a few days on CoQ10, Davin had two breathing fits.  He has not had one of those since March 25, 2016.  He is currently taking Benazepril 5mg 1/2 tablet twice a day and Pimobendan 1mg 1 tablet every 12 hours both started on 5/20/2017.  After his dental surgery, we started him on Plavix 75mg 1/4 tablet once a day beginning on 6/7/2017.  Davin's breathing fits were on 7/6 and 7/10/2017. Unfortunately, I did not record the days I gave Davin the CoQ10 but he was taking it at the time of his breathing fits.  My question is has anyone else noticed that CoQ10 caused breathing fits for their cat?  Another thing it could be is stress.  Davin was under a great deal of stress from our neighbors setting off fireworks every night for almost 2 weeks.  He has strong fear of loud noises and fireworks really upset him.  I don't know if I should try the CoQ10 again or not.

        Thanks for any suggestions or experiences you are able to share.

        April