Re: [FH] ot: PETS/Hurricane Katrina/Those concerned Pls Read

  • Lisa Clarizia
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
      Right, and to everyone who might think humans take priority in these
      situations -- don't forget, unattended animals are a potential human health
      hazard. Neglected/dead/dying animals contribute to the massive pollution of
      the water supply, serve as hosts/carriers for insect-born disease, among
      other things.

      Lisa

      --
      Lisa Clarizia
      lclarizia@...

    • Sue B
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
        They have a link specifically for Katrina victims.
        http://www.noahswish.org/Hurricane%20Katrina.htm

        Noah's Wish has an EXCELLENT reputation!!! (Unlike organizations like HSUS
        that have an extremely high overhead and less than half of donations
        actually go to the animals.)

        Sue

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2005
          holy shit! excuse my french. oh my god, this really disturbs me. There is
          no way they can turn this woman away from a shelter because she has a guide
          dog. I'd sure like to find out who this woman is and see if there is
          something i could do to help. My husband and I are both blind and have
          guide dogs. I can't imagine how devestated I'd be if I were in the
          situation of this woman. This is just totally insane.

          Ruthie and the crew.

          Murphy's Computer Law 9: A bad sector disk error occurs only after you've
          done several hours of work without performing a backup.

          Visit
          www.ruthieville.com
          today for your daily dose of me.