Re: [FH] ot: PETS/Hurricane Katrina/Those concerned Pls Read

  • Bab006@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
      This is a legit group. I donated yesterday. They were on the Today show
      this morning. Making rescues just prior to air time. They had a dog they
      found in a sink and they named him Sinky. I have emailed all my friends with
      this link.

      Bridget Bailey (bab0066vpy)
      Visit my Ebay Store for Vintage and Unique Items
      _eBay Store - 0-BridgetsVintageUniqueFinds-0: On Sale, Free Shipping,
      Puzzles_ (http://stores.ebay.com/0-BridgetsVintageUniqueFinds-0)

    • Lisa Clarizia
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
        Right, and to everyone who might think humans take priority in these
        situations -- don't forget, unattended animals are a potential human health
        hazard. Neglected/dead/dying animals contribute to the massive pollution of
        the water supply, serve as hosts/carriers for insect-born disease, among
        other things.

        Lisa

        --
        Lisa Clarizia
        lclarizia@...

      • Sue B
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
          They have a link specifically for Katrina victims.
          http://www.noahswish.org/Hurricane%20Katrina.htm

          Noah's Wish has an EXCELLENT reputation!!! (Unlike organizations like HSUS
          that have an extremely high overhead and less than half of donations
          actually go to the animals.)

          Sue

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2005
            holy shit! excuse my french. oh my god, this really disturbs me. There is
            no way they can turn this woman away from a shelter because she has a guide
            dog. I'd sure like to find out who this woman is and see if there is
            something i could do to help. My husband and I are both blind and have
            guide dogs. I can't imagine how devestated I'd be if I were in the
            situation of this woman. This is just totally insane.

            Ruthie and the crew.

            Murphy's Computer Law 9: A bad sector disk error occurs only after you've
            done several hours of work without performing a backup.

            Visit
            www.ruthieville.com
            today for your daily dose of me.