Oxygen in the house

  • plplat2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2005
      When my Tristan had significant trouble breathing in early July, the
      cardiologist who examined him for CHF suggested that I keep oxygen
      handy, just in case. His brother Jesse has had CHF in the past, and
      has a moderate case of HCM.

      Based on the cardiologist's idea and my fiance's technical skills, I
      got some oxygen at a medical supply house, and bought a new cat
      carrier to serve as an oxygen cage. I covered most of the vents and
      part of the wire door with plastic wrap and foil, to make it
      semi-air-tight. I plan to feed the oxygen into the carrier if an
      emergency arises.

      Having the cage handy sets my mind at ease!

      Paula =^..^= times 3
    • Lisa Clarizia
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2005
        I have an O2 cage, generously lent to me by a fellow list-member. I can't
        tell you how helpful it's been -- during the worst of Baby Boy's crises, it
        kept him comfortable and just to have it in the house gives me peace of
        mind. These crises so often happen in the middle of the night or whenever
        it's difficult/impossible to get medical help and knowing there is
        *something* that can be done to at least keep the kitty comfortable is
        invaluable.

        Lisa

        --
        Lisa Clarizia