Check-Ups/Fleas ??

  • Bab006@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      My vet wants my cat to come in for a check up every month. Does anyone else
      go that often? She charges me about $65 to take his blood pressure and say
      keep up the good work. This month has been very hard financially due to
      Bobby's death and the price of gas (I drive over 100 miles a day for my job). So
      I am wondering about how important this monthly vet visits are? I don't
      want to short change my cat for anything, but my vet does not do anything on
      theses appt. How important do you think these check ups are? He is acting
      perfectly normal. Also I am so worried about putting Frontline on my cat. My
      vet says it is ok. I have not had a flea problem all summer until now. I
      found 2 fleas on one of my dogs and 1 on one of my cats. I don't see any on my
      Sim yet but I don't want flea on any of my pets. Does anyone else use flea
      protection?

      Bridget Bailey (bab0066vpy)
      Visit my Ebay Store for Vintage and Unique Items
      _eBay Store - 0-BridgetsVintageUniqueFinds-0: On Sale, Free Shipping,
      Puzzles_ (http://stores.ebay.com/0-BridgetsVintageUniqueFinds-0)

    • Lisa Clarizia
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2005
        Bridget --

        When Baby Boy was going through the worst of it, he went in about once a
        week. However, now that he's stable-ish, we're only going in once every six
        months or so (we actually just got back from the vet). If he's stable and if
        his meds aren't changing, he probably doesn't need the monthly check and if
        I were you, I'd ask your vet why she wants to see him every month and
        explain the money thing.

        Lisa

        --
        Lisa Clarizia