Re: [FH] natural heart treatments

  • Sue B
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2005
      Amanda,

      I also went to a highly-recommended holistic vet. I know several people who
      have brought desperately ill animals to her and she's worked miracles.

      However I found that her recommendations for Pepper really didn't help. The
      only recommendation that did work was to add CoQ10 to her diet. She gave me
      herbal extracts to add to a humidifier that I had in the room (it was
      winter) - they didn't make a difference. She also encouraged me to try
      replacing some of Pepper's lasix with dandelion root extract. I found that
      when I lowered the dose of lasix, she immediately started having problems.

      For us, it just didn't work. I'm always one to try homeopathic methods
      first, but for Pepper's heart disease, I will stick with pharmaceuticas.

      One point - I worked in the pharmaceutical industry for many years and am
      very leery of man-made drugs. I was not comfortable with what I saw and
      learned there. But these drugs (atenolol, enalapril & lasix) are keeping my
      girl alive!

      Sue