Gizmos Checkup

  • Aimee
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2005
      Well some of you know my story. Gizmo had CHF last Wed was in hospital
      for 2 days in oxygen tank. Took him to the cardiologist and he has a
      murmur with HCM. His lungs were filled with fluid so I was given LAsix
      to give him 1 daily. He seemed back to normal the next day jumoing
      around. So then today we went back to the cardiologist and they x
      rayed him. She said that he still has the fluid in his lung, same
      amount as last week. So she gave me more lasix and said that we will
      be more aggressive with it- so now I give him 2 a day for 1 week. She
      also gave me Enalapril to give i daily for the HCM. In my report it
      says that there is more edema now than when I left the hospital last
      week. I am not sure what this means. She said that she wants to see
      him in a week to see if the fluid is gone. She has sid that if it is
      not then she said she will start to be worried. I asked abou tthe
      supplements and she explained them to me and what they do. Has anyone
      had thier cat have this fluid from CHF? I am trying to remain hopeful,
      but still nrevous abou t the whole situation. This is the best group.
      It had helped me so much in the last week to find ope and know hat I
      am not the only person dealing with this, and gave me hope for Gizmo.
    • turkishangoraathumanesociety
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2005
        I guess I didn't read through far enough...I just asked if anyone heard
        about Gizmo in another post... Lillie was on Lasix for about 6 months
        before she was taken off of it...I am so glad Gizmo got to a
        Cardiologist! You will probably be very worried for a long time, so I
        won't say "Don't Worry" but know that he is in good hands now...the
        meds are great. Please keep me updated as I won't be able to get to
        the board too much. Hugs & prayers to Gizmo!

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Aimee" <aimeecollins@s...> wrote:
        > Well some of you know my story. Gizmo had CHF last Wed was in
        hospital
      • Lisa Clarizia
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2005
          Hi Aimee,

          The CHF is scary --my kitty, Baby Boy, has been in CHF for over a year now.
          The first three months were the worst -- it took that long to come up with a
          drug/supplement regimen which could help keep the fluid under control.

          He may need more lasix, he may need a second diuretic like spironolactone
          added to help keep the fluid at bay. I know it's scary but some cats just
          have more trouble with it than others, but very often it can be controlled!
          I hope Gizmo's feeling better!

          Lisa

          --
          Lisa Clarizia