Re: Re: Sydney is a dope fiend

  • howdeeeyall@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
      I don't think the flowers are a problem with catnip, which is in the mint
      family. People normally use the stalks, leaves and flowers all together. If you
      want the plant to last longer during the season, pinch off the flowers. More
      energy will go into the leaves and the plant won't wither as early. But as
      far as I know, it's fine to use mint family flowers in teas, etc.--they are not
      different from the leaves, except they may be a bit weaker in flavor.

      Judith in NC