OT- belle urinary trouble update

  • katy4282003
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2005
      well, i finally got to get belle from the vets. i dropped her off
      this morning and i can tell you i have been worried all day. i kept
      busy and cleaned my house which really needed it lol. i should have
      went into work but i just couldnt take the office today. anyways,
      belle does have a urinary tract infection and mild tonsillitis. i
      rushed belle to the 24 hour emergency vet in the middle of the night
      because she was making this hacking/wheezing noise like she was
      trying to get a hairball out. i was worried about her heart but the
      emergency vet said her heart was good and no fluid. my regular vet
      said that the noise i heard was probably because of the tonsillitis.
      she also said she heard no murmur and her heart and lungs are good.
      this is a huge relief to me. she was very upset when i went to get
      her, they had me get her out of her cage because she screamed at
      them. she screamed at me a bit too but let me touch her and get her
      out. boy was she angry. this was probably on of the worst 12 hours
      of her life. poor kitty. once i got her outside her attitude started
      to change and she rubbed her head against my hand. once i got her
      home she was purring and lovey. she already ate and is looking out
      the window. i am not sure why she got the UTI. i feed her moist and
      dry food about 50/50 (petguard preium feast moist and felidae dry)
      and i change her water at least 3 times a day. i did read that less
      active cats have a higher chance of UTI. i have to either bring in a
      urine sample or they will have to remove one in 10 days. lynn is
      sending me some photos on a urine scoop since i did try the non
      absorbing litter and she wouldnt have anything to do with it. plus
      id hate to stress her more by changing her litter. i am glad she is
      home. i got about 2 hours of sleep last night and hopefully tonight
      we will both sleep well.

      >^..^<
      katy & belle