Re: OT- belle urinary trouble

  • Lynn
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hi Katy ~

      I think I was the one who offered the picture of the scoop I made to
      collect urine samples. Baring unforseen circumstances, I'll upload the
      picture this evening to the files section if that's OK with the
      moderators, otherwise I'll Email you a copy if you like.

      What you describe sure sounds like a urinary tract infection. If Belle
      still can pass a good volume of urine when she needs to, then most
      likely it's not gotten to the stage of a crystalline blockage yet. She
      would be in pain then and you would know it. Most likely, she feels
      the burning sensation caused by an infection and one feels the
      constant need to go. Feels like that in humans too. Others may have
      different experiences as there is never any "one size fits all" when
      it comes to meds, but I've found Baytril the most effective antibiotic
      for urinary tract infections in my cats over the years.
      Hope you and Belle have fun at the vets today! ;-)

      Lynn & Teegan