Should I be concerned about my cats bloodcount?

  • melime_lalaith
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2 5:53 AM
      ALT= 28 U/L (I thought it seemed abit low but is within the normal
      range here)
      AST= 19 U/L (within normal range)
      BUN= 23 mg/dl (within normal range)
      CREA=1.4 mg/dl (within normal range)
      GLU=120 mg/dl (within normal range)
      HCT= 46.2 % (just out of normal range 24.0-45.0, should I be
      concerned? )
      HGB= 14.2 g/dl(alittle high but just within normal range)
      MCHC=30.7 g/dl (alittle low but within range, alittle better than
      february)
      WBC= 7.8 x10\9/L (within normal range, alittle better than in
      February,
      still abit lowish?)
      GRANS= 3.2 x10\9/L GRANS 41% (within normal range but low)
      L/M= 4.6 x10\9/L % LM 59%( within normal range)
      PLT > 273 x10\9 /L (within normal range)
      His weight is 4.90 kilo, he had no fever while at home, but at the
      vets his temperture shot up to 39!! His sister recently died of
      Lymphoma cancer and they are both FeLV and this cat 'Silver chan'
      also
      has HCM, but is well at the moment. Last week his stool was abit
      strange, or so I thought, at first it seemed normal, then the last
      inch
      was a different colour tan colour, and the last bit was like
      diahrrea,
      the day before he had eaten chicken bones, does that mean anything
      or?
      Also sometimes after he has eaten , he seems to belch!1 but not all
      the time,and usaully only once after afew minutes after eating. If
      anyone can give me any advice, I`d be very happy!! Hugs
      Amanda ,Silver
      chan, Blacky, Baby and Angel Honey.
    • howdeeeyall@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2 2:15 PM
        You don't say if the bones were raw or cooked. Yes, cooked bones (not just
        chicken bones) can splinter and cause serious problems. But usually, raw
        chicken bones are OK for cats, if they are used to eating them.

        If your cat seems in pain, then I'd go straight to the vet and have them
        check for a bone fragment in the digestive system.

        Judith in NC

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2 9:23 PM
          My cat only eats raw minced chicken bones and or necks once a week and
          he doesn`t seem to be in any pain, but I will tell my vet this to check
          it out, just in case!! I do watch my cats at feed time and haven`t
          noticed anything out of the ordinary. hugs Amanda , Silver chan,
          Blacky, Baby and Angel Honey.