OT- belle urinary trouble

  • katy4282003
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      hi, someone in the group emailed me last month when i was worried
      something was wrong with belles urinary tract. that turned out to be a
      false alarm but it looks like belle might have a bladder infection
      now. this person offered to send me a picture of the scoop she uses to
      collect her cats urine. i put out a litter that doesnt absorb the
      urnie i got special when i was worried last month that didnt get used.
      belle looks at it like im crazy. i called the vet tonight and she goes
      in tomarrow. she is acting normal and eating, even BM normal. she
      urinated twice normally today but tonight on her third go it was not
      much so i being over protective watched her. she went to the box and
      attempted to go several times and there was either nothing or a tiny
      tiny bit, so i called her vet at home. my husband was calling me a
      worry wart because on saturday she urninated a small amount (but not
      tiny) and about 5 minutes later was in the box squatting but there was
      nothing. she was normal urinating normal on sunday. thanks for your
      help.

      >^..^<
      katy & belle
    • Lynn
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        Hi Katy ~

        I think I was the one who offered the picture of the scoop I made to
        collect urine samples. Baring unforseen circumstances, I'll upload the
        picture this evening to the files section if that's OK with the
        moderators, otherwise I'll Email you a copy if you like.

        What you describe sure sounds like a urinary tract infection. If Belle
        still can pass a good volume of urine when she needs to, then most
        likely it's not gotten to the stage of a crystalline blockage yet. She
        would be in pain then and you would know it. Most likely, she feels
        the burning sensation caused by an infection and one feels the
        constant need to go. Feels like that in humans too. Others may have
        different experiences as there is never any "one size fits all" when
        it comes to meds, but I've found Baytril the most effective antibiotic
        for urinary tract infections in my cats over the years.
        Hope you and Belle have fun at the vets today! ;-)

        Lynn & Teegan