Tristan update

  • plplat2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 3:55 PM
      I finally got my Tristan to the cardiologist after he spent almost a
      week at the ER being treated for congestive heart failure...or what we
      thought was CHF. It turns out that his heart is almost completely
      normal. He has a very small area of slight thickening on his cardiac
      septum, but no other symptoms of HCM. HURRAH!!!!!

      His brother/littermate Jesse does have (currently stable)HCM, so when
      Tristan was in respiratory distress and gasping for breath, the ER vet
      assumed that he had CHF/was developing HCM and treated him accordingly
      - but mistakenly.
      The cardiologist now thinks that Tristan may be developing asthma, so
      he will have more x-rays and another heart scan in a few months.

      But for now, my sweet BratCat is back to his normal nutty self. On
      the other hand, it will take me time to get over this dreadful fright.

      THANK YOU to all who emailed me with kindness and support! I really
      appreciate all the kind words. You helped me through a dark and
      terrible time.

      Hug your kitties for me!

      Paula, Malka, Jesse, and Tristan =^..^= times 3