Re: [FH] I am home from work and all is well

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2005
      on 7/26/05 4:47 PM, Bab006@... at Bab006@... wrote:

      > I ended up leaving my cat in the house with all my other pets. I was gone 4
      > hour and 22 min. (Sick that we keep track so closely.) It was way too hot
      > for all of them. I live in a new house in the woods so I have central air
      > conditioning. They were all fine and Sim is now stretched out on the
      > driveway in
      > the shade and happy as can be. He didn't even want to eat before he went
      > out. It is supposed to be much less humid tomorrow so I won't have to worry
      > as
      > much since I have to be gone over 9 hours tomorrow. I will leave access to
      > the pet door open tomorrow. But when I got home I went to my sister's to eat
      > and her crazy cats were LAYING IN THE SUN and panting heat index 106
      > degrees. What is wrong with these animals? Does the sun not affect cats
      > like it
      > does dogs?
      >
      > Bridget Bailey (bab0066vpy) and SIM
      > Visit my Ebay Store for Vintage and Unique Items
      > _eBay Store - 0-BridgetsVintageUniqueFinds-0: On Sale, Free Shipping,
      > Puzzles_ (http://stores.ebay.com/0-BridgetsVintageUniqueFinds-0)

      Well, they are desert critters, but I have known some cats to sun themselves
      sick, so you do have to monitor them. In fact I heard a very very sad story
      of someone whose white kitten was sleeping by the big glass windows and
      died. So, while I think they do way better than us, it's good to keep tabs.