Stress

  • Bab006@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 26, 2005
      I am having heat concerns again. I came home from work early to check on my
      cat and he seemed to be breathing alittle hard so he came in without fuss
      and I gave him his food with some lasix since he didn't take it all this
      morning. He ate fine and now he is pacing wanting out. Is the stress of wanting
      out worse than the heat. It is going to be over 110 degrees with the heat
      index today. Yesterday I was off work and I could check on him every 15 min,
      but today I have to work until at least 4 pm so I won't be able to check on him
      from 12 to 4. So do you let them out in the heat or let him be stressed by
      pacing wanting out? This disease is so hard!!!!

      Bridget Bailey (bab0066vpy)
      Visit my Ebay Store for Vintage and Unique Items
      _eBay Store - 0-BridgetsVintageUniqueFinds-0: On Sale, Free Shipping,
      Puzzles_ (http://stores.ebay.com/0-BridgetsVintageUniqueFinds-0)

    • Lisa Clarizia
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 26, 2005
        I really wouldn't allow him out in the heat -- tyhe heat will stress him and
        make him breath a little faster, but it's too dangerous to let him out when
        it's this hot. Is the house air-conditioned or anything?
        Lisa

        --
        Lisa Clarizia
        lclarizia@...

      • Sue B
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 26, 2005
          I wouldn't let him out. He will only pace when you're there. Once you
          leave, he will most likely go sleep somewhere.

          One thought - if you don't have a/c, the cost of a vet visit for him getting
          over-heated is probably more than the cost of a room air conditioning unit.
          You can get one for about $100-150 at places like Lowe's or Home-Depot
          that's big enough to cool a room or two.

          Sue

          > I am having heat concerns again. I came home from work early to check on
          my
          > cat and he seemed to be breathing alittle hard so he came in without fuss
          > and I gave him his food with some lasix since he didn't take it all this
          > morning. He ate fine and now he is pacing wanting out. Is the stress of
          wanting
          > out worse than the heat. It is going to be over 110 degrees with the
          heat
          > index today. Yesterday I was off work and I could check on him every 15
          min,
          > but today I have to work until at least 4 pm so I won't be able to check
          on him
          > from 12 to 4. So do you let them out in the heat or let him be stressed
          by
          > pacing wanting out? This disease is so hard!!!!

        • Karen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 26, 2005
            I wouldn't either.
            I wouldn't let him out. He will only pace when you're there. Once you
            leave, he will most likely go sleep somewhere.

            One thought - if you don't have a/c, the cost of a vet visit for him getting
            over-heated is probably more than the cost of a room air conditioning unit.
            You can get one for about $100-150 at places like Lowe's or Home-Depot
            that's big enough to cool a room or two.

            Sue

            > I am having heat concerns again. I came home from work early to check on
            my
            > cat and he seemed to be breathing alittle hard so he came in without fuss
            > and I gave him his food with some lasix since he didn't take it all this
            > morning. He ate fine and now he is pacing wanting out. Is the stress of
            wanting
            > out worse than the heat. It is going to be over 110 degrees with the
            heat
            > index today. Yesterday I was off work and I could check on him every 15
            min,
            > but today I have to work until at least 4 pm so I won't be able to check
            on him
            > from 12 to 4. So do you let them out in the heat or let him be stressed
            by
            > pacing wanting out? This disease is so hard!!!!

            Health product for pet Natural pet health Pet health

          • marthe horn-Davis
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 26, 2005
              Hi Bridget,

              I personally don't let my guys out when I am not at
              home...I don't know your setting...however we are in
              the city and the back enclosure is small, but there
              are risks ie. They may spray insecticide, she may
              overheat, it may rain, I just feel better knowing I am
              home...I wonder if he does the pacing when you are not
              home, perhaps its only when he sees you..just a guess.

              I understand your concern though, ie stress is bad but
              any injury or undue harm outside might be worse. Just
              my 2 cents.

              Marthe, Gina and Lenny
              --- Bab006@... wrote:

[...]

              Your reply will go to the author of this message. If
              you feel your reply will benefit the entire group,
              please change the "To:" line to
              feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

              Terms of Service.

              http://mail.yahoo.com